BSM Management operates six faith-based male only Sober Homes in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
BSM is a member of the Minnesota Association of Sober Homes and abides by the MASH code of ethics.
Code of Ethics
All member homeowners and staff have agreed to operate by a code of ethics that states:
- They will be dedicated to recognizing the dignity and worth of all those we serve. At all times managers or other staff shall treat each resident with respect and dignity.
- They will maintain an alcohol and drug-free environment.
- They will maintain quality housing that is consistent with the quality of the neighborhood. Demonstrate activities that benefit the immediate neighbors.
- Staff members who are alcoholic and/or chemically dependent must be clean and sober at least 1 year and remain abstinent and actively involved in a Twelve Step program of recovery. Staff members who are not alcoholics or chemically dependent remain alcohol-free during performance hours and be free from chemical use problems.
- No physical violence or threats of violence is ever tolerated in the home.
- Managers or other staff shall never become romantically or sexually involved with a resident or anyone the sober living home is assisting.
- Managers or other staff shall never become involved with a resident’s financial or business affairs. This covers borrowing or lending money, buying or selling property or other financial transactions.
- Managers or other staff — Respect the privacy and personal rights of all residents.
- Assure that no weapons are allowed on sober living premises.
- Adhere to the Management, Health, Safety and Staff standards set forth.